A cage with damaged elements becomes softer and more fragile. A badly maintained cage can seriously reduce the drone's collision tolerance. Elios 1, Elios 2 and Elios 3 cage elements are interchangeable.
- Elios 3 video tutorial
- Elios 2 and Elios 1 video tutorial
- Replace a suspension (Elios 1)
- Replace the carbon ring (Elios 1)
Elios 3 video tutorial
Elios 1 and Elios 2 video tutorial
Replace a suspension (ELIOS 1)
- 2x Bearings Ø8x3 4mm
- 1x Spacer bearing
- 1x M3x16 Screw with Tuflok
- 1x Suspension
- 1x Pentagon
- Cutting pliers
- Needle nosed pliers
- 5 Zip-ties
1 - Assemble the bumpers to the ring as shown on the schematic below
2 - Place the zip-ties on the cage's connector, assure you the zip-ties ratchets are located into the cage as shown in the picture below
3 - Pass the zip-ties tape through the pentagon then the suspension
4 - Tighten zip-ties with the needle nosed pliers and trim it close to the ratchet with the cutting pliers.
Replace the carbon ring (ELIOS 1)
- Install the bearing from the outside into the carbon ring on the straight part.
- Position the Carbon beam into the ring.
- Tighten up the carbon beam into the ring with the black screw. Use the T10 screwdriver and
- Repeat steps 1. 2. and 3. for the other side.
- Tighten up the Screw Top into the carbon ring with a flat screwdriver. Apply a light torque by hand. Replat on the other sides.